You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to remain comfortable no matter the weather. While it might not be the first thing that comes to your mind, getting an regular furnace service is a fantastic way to keep from excess spending on your utility bills and now is an excellent time to get that scheduled. The pros at Mayeuxs AC & Heating have compiled some tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we mentioned before, furnace service can help save you a number of ways. It can help you catch small problems before they become big problems, and it can help ensure your system is operating at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can make a huge difference on your energy bill. It doesn’t take long for those savings to really add up. If you’re having trouble getting used to the current temperature, try adjusting it gradually, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will quickly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most simple and most beneficial things a homeowner can do. A grimy filter will keep air from passing through freely, which will cause your system to work harder, which increases your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors might be causing you to lose a lot of heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are fantastic ways to battle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Mayeuxs AC & Heating technician is over for your yearly furnace service, ask them about the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you determine if it is time to look into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without hindering your comfort.
There’s never a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are additional ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your yearly furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at (985) 764-2426.