During the colder Norco and St. Charles Parish months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it does, a simple call to Mayeuxs AC & Heating will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got a few signs you should look for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Mayeuxs AC & Heating as soon as possible if you notice any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be inspected by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is too small for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your energy bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Mayeuxs AC & Heating can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It may be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, contact us and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Mayeuxs AC & Heating at (985) 764-2426 or schedule an appointment with us online.