When it’s cold in Norco and St. Charles Parish you need your furnace to keep you warm. If it’s been too long since your system had maintenance, you may have a furnace repair soon in your future. Even if your system seems to be running well, you probably need to clean or replace your air filter. A dirty air filter can impede air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are different reasons you might need a furnace repair. The quicker you can call for a furnace repair, the better. If you observe any of the following symptoms, call in an expert, like Mayeuxs AC & Heating.
1. Your furnace is loud. You could have a problem if your furnace starts running loudly or making noises you haven’t heard before.
2. Your blower isn’t operating properly. Is it running enough? Is it running endlessly? Does the air flow seem weak? You could have a problem with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating thoroughly. Have you turned up the thermostat again and again but don’t feel like the temperature is what it should be? This could signal a few specific problems. It could be an issue with your thermostat. It may be an issue with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t correctly sized for your home.
4. Your utility bill keeps growing. Your usage isn’t changing but your bill keeps increasing. This could point to some different problems. Your HVAC professional will help find out what’s going awry.
5. You smell gas. This is serious. If you smell gas, stop your furnace right away and cut off its gas supply. Keep lights off and don’t use matches until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your furnace.
6. You find water gathering around your furnace. This is usually a clogged condensation line. It could require both plumbing and HVAC technicians to remedy.
You’ll know when you should schedule furnace repair now that you’re aware of these common symptoms. The experts at Mayeuxs AC & Heating will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.