As spring starts, you could be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Norco and St. Charles Parish? Even if your air conditioning system is recently installed or was operating good last season.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new car and never have to request any service for it, such as changing the oil or putting on new tires.
The same applies for your AC. It’s a piece of equipment that needs fuel and has moving pieces. Like a automobile, it can end up with leaks and its moving pieces can malfunction.
Having your equipment checked yearly by a Mayeuxs AC & Heating technician can help locate little problems before they become large breakdowns. (And cause your AC to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your cooling system is located outside your home, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively lower your system’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to service delicate internal pieces.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard debris that collect within your unit can force it to work harder and decrease airflow. Both these problems can lead to increased energy use—and a higher energy bill!
- It could prolong your unit’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and might even help it run longer. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly electricity bill and over the long run, as you won’t have to buy new equipment as soon.
- It helps pinpoint small issues before they turn into major, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will carefully look at pieces and carry out a cycle of air conditioning performance tests. These all-inclusive processes often allow us to locate troubles before they turn into extensive problems that cause a costly repair bill.
- It helps guarantee trouble-free cooling throughout the summer. After your unit is maintained, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your unit is well-prepared to give worry-free comfort. Even on the hottest days. It’s one of the wisest ways to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers call for annual maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this maintenance, your unit is open to early breakdowns and lowered efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A premium AC service should include an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC tech. Here’s some of the work we’ll complete:
We’ll check the subsequent areas and parts:
- Overall unit state
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a segment of the jobs we’ll finish:
- Install new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lube moving pieces
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Right Away with Mayeuxs AC & Heating
Today is the greatest time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Mayeuxs AC & Heating pros a ring at (985) 764-2426 or contact us online to set up your appointment. Before we arrive at your house, make sure to browse our special offers for savings on your upcoming tune-up.