As spring rolls around, you could be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Norco and St. Charles Parish? Especially if your AC unit is newer or was running good last summer.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new automobile and never expect to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or getting new tires.
The same is applicable to your AC. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving components. Like a car, it can get leaks and its moving pieces can malfunction.
Having your unit checked yearly by a Mayeuxs AC & Heating tech can help spot small issues before they turn into large malfunctions. (And cause your air conditioning to stop running!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your cooling system is placed outdoors, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can negatively affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to service intricate internal parts.
- It keeps your equipment efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate inside your equipment can make it work harder and decrease airflow. Both these troubles can cause higher energy use—and a bigger cooling bill!
- It could prolong your equipment’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and might even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly energy costs and over the years, because you won’t have to install new equipment as fast.
- It helps locate little problems before they lead to big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will closely examine components and complete a set of AC performance tests. These detailed procedures often allow us to find problems before they turn into big troubles that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free cooling throughout the warmest days. After your system is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your unit is ready to give worry-free cooling. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this work, your unit is open to premature breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Entail?
A good AC tune-up should include an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll check the subsequent areas and pieces:
- Complete equipment condition
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll do:
- Install new air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Tune-Up Today with Mayeuxs AC & Heating
Now is the perfect time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Mayeuxs AC & Heating pros a call at (985) 764-2426 or contact us online to book your appointment. Before we arrive at your home, be sure to check our discount offers for savings on your upcoming tune-up.