Make your life easier—get ahead by preparing your air conditioner now before hot temperatures appear. You can save on your electricity bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its top efficiency! If you are running your system when it needs service, you could see a drastic jump in costs and damaging wear and tear on your system. Keep your system working efficiently with at least one air conditioning service appointment from your Mayeuxs AC & Heating pro each year. This is important to keep your unit working for the long haul. Your technician can ensure that your unit is working correctly and look for trouble areas to head off any potential problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more pricey repairs.
Just some of the benefits a professional air conditioning service will present you:
- Cooling cycle assessment
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to scheduling your professional air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and during the year to ensure your AC is running at peak performance.
- Clear the area around your unit. Make sure there aren’t shrubs growing too close to your AC, which can hamper airflow. Get rid of piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your outdoor unit was covered during the winter, be sure to uncover it. You can harm your system if you run your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could trigger the need for major repairs or complete replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your Mayeuxs AC & Heating service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during the annual service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters each month and replace them when needed! Different homes have different air filter replacement requirements. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you ought to change them on a more regular basis.
Make sure your air conditioning is running at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned often. It keeps your home healthy too! If you follow these few steps, your AC will be ready for whatever the heat can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the Mayeuxs AC & Heating team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.